The Eastern Shore's Only Employment Lawyers
Cockey, Brennan & Maloney, P.C. offers specialized representation in employment disputes unlike any other firm in the area. As the most prominent employment lawyers on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, the attorneys of Cockey, Brennan & Maloney, P.C. represent both individuals and companies before administrative bodies, Maryland's circuit and appellate courts, and in federal court, including the United States District Court for the District of Maryland the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Employees are protected from employee discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act, (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and through an extensive body of laws designed to protect individuals from conduct that legislatures and the courts have identified as improper.
Employers cannot discriminate against an employee, in matters involving:
- Hiring and Firing
- Promotion, Demotion, and Transfer
- Assignment or Classification of Employees
- Layoff, Reduction in Force, Forced Retirement
- Job Advertisements and Recruitment
- Use of company facilities
- Training and apprenticeship programs
- Retirement Plans, Health/Medical, and Fringe Benefits
- Disability Leave and Severance
Protecting your employment rights:
You do not have to tolerate your employer's wrongful acts, nor do you have to wait for something to happen before you contact an attorney. Frequently, waiting leads to the escalation of the discriminatory acts against you. The longer you wait to contact an attorney, the more difficult the situation at your workplace will be for you, and for your attorney to resolve. As soon as issues of employment discrimination arise, contact the employment lawyers at Cockey, Brennan & Maloney, P.C. to protect your rights to a workplace free of unlawful discrimination.
The attorneys at Cockey, Brennan & Maloney, P.C. are experienced in the fields of employment litigation. Employment litigation encompasses many different types of disputes between employers and employees. Claims arising in the workplace include:
- Employment Discrimination
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Sex or Gender Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- National Origin Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Violations
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Claims
- Hostile Work Environment
- Retaliation in the Workplace
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Wage Claims
- Proceedings before the EEOC
- Employment Contracts
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Termination of Health Plans, Pensions and other Employment Benefits
To speak with an employment litigation attorney, contact Cockey, Brennan & Maloney, P.C. Our attorneys have been protecting the legal rights of businesses and individuals throughout Maryland and the Eastern Shore for decades.
Contact Cockey, Brennan & Maloney, P.C. for an initial consultation or case evaluation with an experienced Salisbury, Maryland employment lawyer.